1. What does cold pressed mean?
– Cold Pressing is the process of extracting nutrient rich juice from fresh produce by using high pressure exerted through a Hydraulic Press.
– The term “Cold” press is employed when machines use Hydraulic Press technology and avoid adding heat during the extraction process.
– The low-levels of oxidation during the juicing process does not compromise the integrity of the produce. The result is a juice that is fresh, nutrient dense, rich in colour, and full of flavour
2. What are the cold-pressing methods?
– Single auger: this is a juicer that operates at slow speeds of 110 RPM or even less. The process is often referred to as ‘masticating’. This process separates the juice from fruits, herbs, leafy greens and other types of vegetables from its pulp using a slow rotating auger. In separating the pulp, juicers concentrate the nutrition naturally present in fruits and vegetables which allows the body to more easily absorb the nutrition than digesting the solid produce.
– Hydraulic Press: hydraulic press technology exert high pressure to extract juice from fruits and vegetables without adding any heat. Commonly, juice is heated during the extraction process when the produce is improperly ground or blended in food processors, blenders, etc. Pressing the produce however, in order to extract the juice, helps keep the nutrient rich enzymes intact and is the closest you will get to raw unadulterated juice.
3. Why do the cleanse juices come frozen?
– Because all Pressed Juice Co juices are raw they are highly perishable. In order to prolong the shelf-life, whilst maintaining the nutritional integrity of the juices, we blast freeze them so that they are fresh for you to drink on your cleanse
4. How do I defrost my juices?
– Allow your juices to thaw naturally I.e. at room temperature. Do not add any heat to the process by placing in the microwave or in warm/hot water.
5. What is the shelf life of Pressed Juice Co juices, and do they need to remain refrigerated?
– Each juice contains live enzymes and is highly perishable. Keep all your juices refrigerated. Fresh, and thawed juices, should be devoured within 3 days – refer to the fridge dates on the bottom of all fresh juices for the date by when they should be consumed.
6. Can I cleanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
– Consult your doctor first.
7. How many days should I cleanse?
– This is entirely up to you. Ask yourself, “what is it that I want to achieve from doing a cleanse?” This should help you choose a duration. If this answer is to just kick-start your health goals, start small. If you want to create a more radical transformation to your body system, it requires more time and dedication. Start with a number of days that is realistic to your lifestyle, and that you are willing to commit to.
8. How do I come off of a cleanse?
– Your body has experienced a lot of change over the last few days. To make your transition back to solid foods safely, it is important to focus on fruits and vegetables with high water content, such as cucumbers, celery, apples, melons, and berries. Just as you prepared by eliminating caffeine and alcohol from your diet you should not reintroduce these for at least 2 days.
9. What if I have a health condition that requires prescription medication?
– Please consult your doctor before starting a cleanse.
10. Will I lose weight during my cleanse?
– We do not advocate juice cleansing as a weight loss tool. However, some people experience weight-loss as just one of the many benefits to cleansing. Weight-loss should not be the focus of your cleanse. Focus on resetting your body, alkalizing your system, and breaking old habits.
11. After I finish my cleanse, how often should I drink a juice?
– We recommend for the first week post-cleanse, 1-3 juices per day. After that, at least 1 juice a day is a great way to incorporate healthy fruits and vegetables into your daily routine. Please see our range of juice packs to get you started.
12. How often should I cleanse?
– This is entirely up to you. As often as once a month. Some people find that cleansing seasonally is great to reset their systems. But at the Pressed Juice Co HQ we believe that cleansing once every quarter is optimal.